Saturday, August 02, 2008

What a tired day. My wife giving birth.

My wife was complaining of contraction and small pain starting from 4am in the morning. As we suspected it was sign of labor, we started to packed the things. We had a heavy breakfast b4 going to hospital becoz in the first pregnancy, it usually last between 12-18 hours.

We arrived at the hospital about 8.30am and this is the waiting room for family members. I stay outside to watch TV3 Ultraman while waiting. There is also a chart showing the wifes progress so we get updated with whats happening inside.

While waiting for her, there are many charts to read inside the room.

I applied for "Rakan Suami" program which allowed the husband to go into the labour room to accompanied her. I would said this program is fabulous, allowing the future father to participate and see his newborn out. I saw the whole progress..haha..it is fun for anticipating father. The staff nurses here were very friendly, helpful and most importantly understanding.

During labour, the nurses were also very patient and encouraging. They never give up even i think i almost give up. I got to salute them on these.

My "leng lui" baby (more to come)

Ask the pharmacist
1) My wife does not allowed to take any food and drinks after going in the labour room. My wife spend a total of 14 hours inside.
2) Remember to bring and apply vaseline on the lips to prevent drying.
3) Since the first labour may take sometime, u can let it pain at home, then when the pain is unbearable then only go to the hospital. But make sure u know what u do.
4) I cant take any pictures as it was not allowed to bring any camera and handphone inside. But u can try if u got compact camera..haha..my dlsr is too big to hide.
5) Those labor urgency can only be seen on movie, the progress is damn slow. No rush. I am indeed a bit inpatient. Can u bear the pain for 14 hours straight? Women can..although during the last 4 hours, she was given an IM injection which i believe is Pethidine inj for the pain. Nitrous oxide with oxygen gas combination also giving some relief before the final pushing period.
6) Last comment, their canteen foods sucks. Bring your own food. Dont go to the canteen.

2 comments:

Pang Wee Siang said...

Congratulation !!!!!!!!!!!!
now upgrade liao loh.

Ted said...

Congratulations! Heheh... Slept well or not?