Thursday, June 26, 2008

Pharmacy Course

Is it very tough to get into pharmacy course in local universities nowadays?
Today one of my regular customer came and told me his daughter didn't get the course that she always wanted. Her daughter is disappointed as she only managed to get her 7th choice in her local universities application.
I said i am sorry for her as i knew she always wanted to do pharmacy. She has been inquiring all about pharmacy course whenever she came to my pharmacy. Her dad added, her first choice up to forth choice were pharmacy course in different universities. But somehow she failed to get into pharmacy.

Ask the pharmacist
1) Can u guess the what course does she get? Just to let u know her results were excellent.

To those who process the universities application, What the fuck were u thinking? Denying people dream?

Answer:
The course that she got: MD /medicine in USM

Since when the pharmacy course is more competitive than medicine? Anyone can confirm this?
I started to feel proud of my profession.

2 comments:

Cytusm said...

The pharmacy course in local universities has always been very competitive because of limited places and fewer U offering the course. My advise for her is, to appeal for the change of course, sometimes there could be some mix up. Also, no point doing a course she is not interested in, particularly Medicine. Being a doctor, is a life long devotion. BTW, it is MD in USM (not MBBS).

pharmalogik said...

Thanks for your comments. Will let her know. I agree Dr professions require sacrifice and hard work.