Tuesday, September 12, 2006

ASK YOUR PHARMACIST


Examples of questions

that you can ask us...

1)What is the full name of this medication and what am I taking it for?

2)Are there any potential interactions between this medication and other medications or supplements that I am already taking?

3)How long does it take for this medication to start working?

4)What are the common side effects of this medication and what should I do if I experience a side effect?

5)If my doctor prescribed a cream or ointment for a skin condition, how should the product be applied, i.e. how much, where and how often?

6)If my doctor prescribed an inhaler- what is the correct way to use the device to make sure that I am inhaling the full dose? Should the medication be taken regularly or only as needed? How can I gauge how many doses are left in the device?

Make the most of your medication by forming a

healthy partnership with your pharmacist!!

Sources: Canadian Pharmacists Association

No comments: